Speech and Hearing Science has developed curbside drop off and pick up procedures to allow us to assist hearing aid clients:
- The patient is verbally screened for either cough or fever prior to scheduling the hearing aid/device drop-off.
- The patient is scheduled a time to arrive at the clinic parking lot.
- The audiologist will wash their hands and utilize a new pair of gloves to place a disinfected* tray onto the bench outsidethe clinic.
- The patient will place their hearing aid(s)/devices(s) on thetray.
- The patient will return to their carand wait in their car for the assessmentof the device.
- The audiologist, with gloves on, will go outside, once the patient in in their car, and retrievethe tray with the aids/devices.
- The audiologists will carry the tray to the hearing aid workroom and disinfect* the devices and tray.
- The audiologist will then troubleshoot the device(s).
- Upon completion of the assessment, the audiologist will call the patientwho is waiting in their car to deliver the appropriaterecommendations and diagnosis.
- The audiologist will then disinfect* the aids/devices, return them to a disinfected tray, and carry the tray to the bench outside the Audiology Clinic door.
- Once the audiologist as returned inside the clinic, the patientwill get outof their car andretrieve their aids/devices.
- Once the patient has returned to their car, the audiologist will retrieve the tray, take it to the hearingaid workroom, and disinfect the tray and all touched surfaces.
- The audiologistwill remove the gloves, disposeof them properly and then wash their hands by the hand-washing guidelines.
Contact us for more information: