OS X Assistive Technologies
The following are OS X system settings that can be enabled to provide assistive technology to users.
- Click the Seeing tab, then select the On radio button below VoiceOver to enable it.
- Click the Open VoiceOver Utility button to customize VoiceOver
- Click the Seeing tab, then select the On radio button below Zoom to enable it.
- For Sticky Keys, select Keyboard and select the “Press the Shift key five times to turn Sticky Keys on or off” checkbox.
- For Mouse Keys, select Mouse (Mouse & Trackpad on some computers) and select the “Press the Option key five times to turn Mouse Keys on or off” checkbox.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Keyboard to displays its preferences.
- Click Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Select the action in the Description list that you want to change.
- Double-click the characters in the Shortcut column, and press the new key combination that you want to use.
- You cannot use each type of key (for example, a letter key) more than once in a key combination.
- Quit and restart any applications you’re using for the new keyboard shortcut to take effect.