AMS Employment - Video captioning
Student Workers for Video Captioning in the Accessible Media Services (AMS) at DRES
- office open: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday
- working remotely from your personal computer is acceptable
- Hours are flexible
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- 5 hours Monday-Friday
- 5 hours any other time
- Hours may fluctuate during finals
- Starting wage - $12.00
- High security (Required to sign a confidentiality statement)
- Use project management software to keep track of videos. This includes who gave AMS the video, copyright owner, time spent working on video, et cetera.
- Use Otter.AI, Descript, Amara.org and MediaSpace to create caption files and export caption files to correct format
- Review captioned material created by other employees of the office
- Research captioning information about videos that will be used in a class here on campus
- Communicate with other employees as to the status of videos
- Clear communication skills
- Organized person who pays close attention to details
- Able to work with both Mac and PC
- Can work independently
- Must be able to sit and work keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
- Exceptional knowledge of English language.
- Experience with editing documents for accuracy.
- Must be a University of Illinois Student or have a Bachelor’s Degree
- If you already use the AMS services, you are not eligible to be employed due to conflict of interest.
Ann Fredricksen-Disability Specialist
Disability Resources and Educational Services
University of Illinois
1207 S. Oak St., Champaign, IL 61820 - MC 574
Phone: (217) 244-5785
Fax: (217) 333-0014
AMS Email: email@example.com
Website: DRES home page