ME Book Table of Contents
Section 1: Disability Specific Attributes
- Include: Letter from MD which gives more specific info on individual
- Medications/dose/frequency- if you want a week put in a pill container-a PA can set it up for you if you want them to.
- Signs and symptoms for dealing with certain symptoms/or secondary conditions (UTI’s, sleep apnea, seizure disorder, spasms, contractures, Autonomic Dysreflexia, Orthostatic Hypotension, blood sugar…)
- Immunization record-especially tetanus, meningitis…
- List allergies to medicine or food, what happens if you’re exposed to allergen, and treatment.
- Post-surgical implants (rods, fusing of bones, plates/screws, pacemaker...)
Section 2: Daily Schedule
- AM Routine-the more specific the better; include any cautions for transferring… if you have a rod or something that would limit your flexibility
- Bedtime Routine-the more specific the better
- Toileting Routine-the more specific the better
- Care/directions of any specific appliances/aids
- Catheters, braces…
- Include Cleaning care of these appliances as well.
- bi-pap, c-pap, g-tube, j-tube, suctioning equipment, O2 concentrator...
Section 3: Showering/ Bowel programs
- Detailed directions and preferences of shower routine (best if step by step bullets)
- Detailed directions if a Bowel Program is utilized
- Signs and symptoms individual experiences if constipated and ways to alleviate.
Section 4: Wheelchair Maintenance/Charging Instructions
- Provide details of type of wheelchair
- Include Serial numbers, and insurance information if maintenance is required
- Have picture to show where/how to charge chair. Give written directions also.
- Have pictures which show how to put chair in manual, and any other important information about chair.
Section 5: Miscellaneous (anything that doesn't fit in another column, but would be helpful information)
- Instructions/warranties for electronic equipment (computers, phones, Assistive Technology...)
- Financial Aid/Vocational Rehab counselor contact information
- Copy of Letter of Accommodation