Early Deadline: November 15, 2023
Final Deadline: February 15, 2024
All application materials must be submitted and verified by SOPHAS by the deadline
Students who will have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in the United States or a comparable degree from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad, or its equivalent, prior to matriculation, as well as a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, are welcome to apply to the Master of Public Health program. Applications not verified by SOPHAS prior to the stated deadline may not be considered for admission.
- Applicants should submit their application through SOPHAS. For assistance with the SOPHAS application, please review the SOPHAS application instructions.
- A grade point average of 3.0 (A=4.0), or comparable GPA for an international applicant, for the last two years of undergraduate study is a minimum requirement for admission
- International applicants must meet minimum requirements based on their country of origin.
- We expect to notify applicants within 4-6 weeks after each deadline
- The MPH program only accepts applications for Fall terms. We do not have Spring or Summer term start dates.
A Complete Application Includes:
International Student Additional Requirements
Proof of English Language Proficiency
- All scores must be dated within two years of the beginning of the proposed admission term. See Graduate College webpage for full guidelines.
- Qualifying TOEFL scores should be sent directly to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign using institution code 1836. Minimum score for application review and admission is 103
- Qualifying IELTS scores should be sent directly to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Minimum score for application review and admission is 7.5
- In addition to sending the official scores, students will be required to self-report scores on their SOPHAS application
If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, you must have your foreign coursework evaluated by the World Educational Services (WES). SOPHAS will only accept evaluations obtained directly from WES. If a student studied abroad or participated in an exchange program through a U.S. institution, WES is not needed for that coursework. It is only needed if a degree was earned or if a foreign university was their primary school.
Statement of Financial Resources
Upon being offered admission, if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you need to provide the University Admissions Officer with a copy of your passport (also any dependents) and proof of funding. You will need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover the estimated expenses for admitted students as described in the Declaration and Certification of Finances form. You may subtract the amount you have been awarded in scholarship funds for ONE year.