BS-MPH Application Deadlines
BS-MPH applications are accepted at two times each year:
July 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that fall semester.
November 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that spring semester.
- Applicants to the BS-MPH program should submit their application through the Graduate College.
- Only students who are in their final year of undergraduate study during 2023-2024 in Community Health, Interdisciplinary Health, or Kinesiology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign may apply for this application cycle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all BS requirements by the end of the UIUC summer session in 2024 in order to advance to the MPH in Fall 2024.
A Complete BS-MPH Application Includes:
- Online Graduate College Application
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Please specify early in your statement whether you are applying to the BS-MPH in Epidemiology or the BS-MPH in Health Behavior & Promotion.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Pre-requisite requirements: Before applying for the BS-MPH program, all Community Health and Interdisciplinary Health major applicants are required to complete the course CHLH 274 Introduction to Epidemiology, and MUST obtain a B or higher grade in it. This pre-requisite does NOT apply to Kinesiology majors. CHLH 421 is also recommended.
BS-MPH Application Instructions
Online Application: Once you log in, the BS-MPH application is located under the Kinesiology and Community Health (KCH) section.
Please state which BS-MPH program you are applying for in your personal statement (Epidemiology or Health Behavior and Promotion). This will help us expedite your application.
Proposed Program Information section:
- Select "Kinesiology and Community Health" as the proposed program
- Select "Master of Public Health-BS/MPH Joint program" as the degree
- In the "Specialization field," please write in your desired BS-MPH program: Epidemiology or Health Behavior & Promotion
- Select "Fall 2024" - this will be the term that you start your MPH portion.
Academic History section:
- Fill out the requested information on all of the universities you have attended or are currently attending.
- Upload unofficial transcripts (your own copies) from all colleges you have attended, including community colleges
Test Scores section:
- Test scores (ex: GRE) are not required
- In this section, please upload a current version of your resume or CV.
Academic Statement of Purpose section:
Your Statement should explain why you want an MPH degree and how an MPH degree fits into your career plans. For more details, please refer to Application Requirements.:
- How has your academic and professional background, including any professional training, prepared you for graduate study?
- How will our program help you achieve your intellectual and professional goals?
- What are your academic interests and why do you wish to pursue graduate studies in this specific program?
- Please see the detailed notes in Application Requirements regarding your recommendation letters.
- You do not have to wait for your letters to be complete to submit your application. The letters will automatically update when they are sent to the online system. It is recommended to submit your application well before the deadline, even if your letters of recommendation have not been submitted yet.
After you submit your online application, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee ($70 for domestic applicants, $90 for international applicants). Your application will not be reviewed until this fee has been paid. If you do not pay your application fee within 3 weeks of submitting your application, your application will be not be submitted. The University of Illinois does offer application fee waivers for certain applicants.