BS-MPH Application Deadlines
BS-MPH applications are accepted at two times each year:
August 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that fall semester.
December 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that spring semester.
- Applicants to the BS-MPH program should submit their application through the Graduate College.
- Only undergraduate students who are Seniors during 2020-2021 in Community Health, Interdisciplinary Healthh, or Kinesiology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign may apply for this application cycle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all BS requirements by Summer 2021 in order to advance to the MPH in Fall 2021.
A Complete BS-MPH Application Includes:
- Online Graduate College Application
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Pre-requisite requirements: Before applying for the BS-MPH program, all Community Health and Interdisciplinary Health major applicants are required to complete the course, CHLH 274 Introduction to Epidemiology, and MUST obtain a B or higher grade in it. This pre-requisite does NOT apply to Kinesiology majors.
BS-MPH Application Instructions
Online Application: Once you log in, the BS-MPH application is located under the Kinesiology and Community Health (KCH) section.
Please state which BS-MPH program you are applying for in your personal statement (Epidemiology or Health Behavior and Promotion). This will help us expedite your application.
Proposed Program Information section:
- Select "Kinesiology and Community Health" as the proposed program
- Select "Master of Public Health-BS/MPH Joint program" as the degree
- Select "Spring 2021" as the term you are submitting your application for. Please note that this term selection is for internal classification of applications only. You will still start your MPH year in Fall 2021 semester.
Academic History section:
- Fill out the requested information on all of the universities you have attended or are currently attending.
- Upload unofficial transcripts (your own copies) from all colleges you have attended, including community colleges
Test Scores section:
- BS-MPH applicants do not require GRE scores
- In this section, please upload a current version of your resume or CV.
Personal Statement section:
- Your Personal Statement should explain, in a two-page essay, why you want an MPH degree and how an MPH degree fits into your career plans. For more details, please refer to Application Requirements.
- You will need to provide the name and contact information for three references, preferably from academic sources (professors) or public health-related work.
- We strongly recommend you to obtain at least two letters from professors who taught you.
- Each reference will receive an email asking him/her to submit a letter in our online system. A secure link will be provided to each reference.
- Letters of recommendation should be posted online by the letter writers as specified in the application instructions.
- You do not have to wait for your letters to be complete to submit your application. The letters will automatically update when they are sent to the online system. It is recommended to submit your application well before the deadline, even if your letters of recommendation have not been submitted yet.
After you submit your online application, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee ($70 for domestic applicants). Your application will not be reviewed until this fee has been paid. If you do not pay your application fee within 3 weeks of submitting your application, your application will be not be submitted. If you believe you may qualify for a need-based application fee waiver, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org early in your application process for assistance.