To remain a James Scholar, a student must:
- Maintain a 3.50 yearly Illinois GPA (evaluated at the end of the spring semester).
- Submit an Honors Plan (or two) by the 4th Friday of the semester.
- Successfully complete the honors project(s).
- Complete at least 12 graded hours on the UIUC campus each fall and spring semester.
- Not be found guilty of an academic integrity violation.
JAMES SCHOLAR DESIGNATION
After grades are posted for the spring semester, academic records will be evaluated. Students who meet all eligibility criteria for both the fall and spring semesters in an academic year will be awarded the James Scholar designation on their transcripts. The designation is added AFTER the academic year is complete.
For questions, feel free to contact Dr. Tonya Pulley, Director of Honors Programs.”