Kinesiology & Community Health
Annual Academic Progress Review Policy
Consistent with Graduate College policy, the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health will conduct Annual Academic Progress Reviews of all graduate students enrolled in degree-seeking programs. The purposes of the Annual Academic Progress Review are to ensure (a) the completion of a face-to-face meeting between a graduate student and the faculty advisor and (b) written and signed documentation of program progress agreed upon between the graduate student and her/his faculty advisor. The Annual Academic Progress Review may be a process involving only a graduate student and the faculty advisor, or a faculty advisor may choose to conduct the review by involving a faculty committee during one or more years of a graduate student’s academic program. Examples of such faculty committees include an area of study faculty committee, a preliminary examination committee, or a final examination committee.
Annual Academic Progress Reviews will include the following elements:
- Written self-assessment of academic progress that is prepared by the graduate student using the standardized KCH Department form
- Written review of graduate student academic progress that is prepared by the faculty advisor using standardized KCH Department form
- Input on the review of graduate student academic progress may be provided by a faculty committee (e.g., area of study faculty committee, preliminary examination committee, final examination committee)
- Face-to-face meeting between the graduate student and the faculty advisor to discuss the student self-assessment and advisor review
- The face-to-face meeting may occur between the graduate student and a faculty committee (e.g., area of study faculty committee, preliminary examination committee, final examination committee)
- Signed copies of graduate student self-assessment and faculty advisor review forms should be submitted to the KCH Graduate Program Office by the advisor for placement in the student’s file by the end of February each year
Students: Please download this form. Fill it out electronically, and then forward it to your advisor.
ATTENTION: These forms must be downloaded and signed on Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need help downloading the forms and signing them, read this article. If you need further assistance, email the AHS Help Desk.