- MPH in Epidemiology (2 years)- Focus on understanding the distribution and determinants of disease. In addition to foundational public health learning, coursework includes analytical epidemiology, applied epidemiology, computer packages in health research, and advanced biostatistics.
- MPH in Health Behavior & Promotion (1.5 years or 2 years)- Focus on understanding health behavior, health inequities, and planning and implementing interventions to improve population health. In addition to foundational public health learning, coursework includes chronic disease prevention, cultural competency, and health program evaluation.
- MSHA in Health Administration (2 years)- Trains future leaders in healthcare with foundational learning in the business of healthcare management. Coursework includes economics, finance, operations, quality improvement, and strategic planning.
- BS-MPH Program-
- Open to students who are earning their BS in Community Health, Interdisciplinary Health, or Kinesiology majors on campus. Students are able to count 12 units towards both their undergraduate and MPH degrees, allowing them to accelerate their degree.
- Option to earn an MPH in Epidemiology (1.5 years) or an MPH in Health Behavior & Promotion (1-1.5 years)
- MPH-MBA (3 years)- Students can earn their MPH and either complete an online MBA or a Master of Science in Management (MSM) degree in one additional year.
- MPH-MUP (3 years)- The MPH and Master of Urban Planning program is ideal for students interested in public health and the built environment.
- MPH-PhD (4-5+ years)- Students can complete and MPH along with their PhD in Community Health, Human Development & Family Studies, Kinesiology, Nutrition, or Social Work.
- MPH & MSHA applicants apply via SOPHAS. (This includes any joint degree students other than the BS-MPH.) Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- March 1st - Priority deadline for scholarship consideration
- April 1st - Final deadline for international students (to allow time for visa processing)
- May 1st - Final deadline for domestic students
- BS-MPH applicants apply via The Graduate College. Applications are reviewed twice per year. Students will receive a decision within 1 week.
- August 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that fall semester, which is their senior year.
- December 15th: Students who are admitted begin taking courses that count towards both their BS and MPH degrees in that spring semester of their senior year.