Get advice on the classes you should take to reach your goals. Learn more about possible career paths. Talk with someone who genuinely cares about you and your future.
Welcome to advising in Recreation, Sport and Tourism! We are happy to have the opportunity to work with you regarding your academic and career plans. Patty Pyrz will be your academic advisor for the major and can assist you with registration, class selection, discuss career interests and provide you with information about campus resources.
Her office is currently located in 130 Huff Hall. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (217) 300-4929.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Pre-registration appointments are mandatory for all RST students. Due to the Co-vid 19 epidemic, much of advising will be done remotely.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your advisor via email first. All meetings will currently be held via Zoom or email and available by appointment through the online scheduling link which student’s will receive from their advisor once advising begins for the semester.
- Once you receive a time ticket (which tells you the date of when you can register) you will have a better understanding of when you can meet with your advisor during the semester. Seniors, juniors, student-athletes, and James Scholars will have priority registration and thus will be seen earlier for advising.
- Your time ticket will be sent to you via email, but if for some reason you did not receive this, you can contact email@example.com to access your time ticket. Tentative schedules are available at Online Registration
- If you are having difficulty registering, send Patty an email with your UIN, NET ID, and error code you are receiving and she will try to help you.