Student resources related to COVID-19
The College of AHS continues to work closely with campus to work through the impact COVID-19 is having on our operations. In addition to the information we've collected for AHS students below, campus-wide information, resources, and an archive of communications are available on the campus COVID-19 page.
Chemistry tutoring resources
Do you need help in chemistry? There are several resources available for you to get extra help (beyond your professor’s office hours).
- AHS In-Person Peer Tutoring: Mondays (10:00am-Noon and 7:00pm-9:00pm), Thursdays (7:00pm-9:00pm), 1st floor Student Lounge (121 Huff Hall)
- Virtual Chemistry Learning Center
- OMSA (Office of Minority Student Affairs) Tutoring - in-person and virtual available
- CARE (Center for Academic Resources in Engineering) - in-person and virtual available
- Information on connecting to the internet
- Process for getting help with computer and internet access
- Instructions for using Creative Cloud apps from home
- General advice on being an online student
- Student resources for adjusting to an online environment
- Video conferencing etiquette
- Free eBook: Teach Yourself How to Learn
- NOTE: Students experiencing technical issues in Compass, Zoom, or Media Space should contact Tech Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the date/time, the course, any error message(s), any screenshots available, and a description of the action trying to be performed.
- COVID-19 mental health resources provided by the Department of Psychology
- Feel free to reach out to our embedded clinical counselor, Stephanie Hultz, and refer to the Counseling Center's website for the most up-to-date information regarding services for students.
- Student Assistance Center