Strengths and interest assessments
In the course, CHLH 199, section TP, you will take a CliftonStrengths assessment and participate in a workshop that will explain your top strengths and how you can use them in career preparation
EPICS provides activities to help you explore your interests, skills, values and decision making process, along with personalized tips and resources.
Resume and Interview Skills
The first chance an employer has to get to know you is through your resume. Luckily, there are many resources available to help you write a solid resume to ensure you make a great first impression.
- In-person resume review: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
The Career Center
Interviewing for a job or graduate school can be stressful but the best approach is to be prepared. Here are some resources that can help you get ready.
- Tips for an interview
- Health professions interviews
- Graduate school interviews
- Informational Interviews
Mock interviews are a great way to practice your interview skills and receive helpful feedback from professionals. There are 3 options for doing a mock interview:
- AHS Career Services: When you schedule a mock interview with AHS Career Services you will choose the type of interview you would like: job, internship, graduate school, professional school. After the interview you will have a debriefing and receive written feedback. Email email@example.com for an appointment.
- The Career Center: You are able to schedule a mock interview with a Career Center staff member. Mock interviews
- Big Interview: This is a platform to complete an online mock interview with a career professional. Big Interview
Job/graduate school search development
- In the course, CHLH 199, section AHS, you will learn about developing a job or graduate school strategy and how to remain organized in your search.
- AHS Career Services: We are here to discuss your search and help you get started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- The Career Center: You are able to schedule an appointment with a Career Center staff member. Career coaching.
Graduate school searching
A great place to start for exploring which graduate programs interest you is Peterson’s. This website allows you to filter programs by degree, location, and many other criteria.